Thursday, September 1, 2011

My Life In Movies Flashes Before My Eyes: Bridesmaids, 2011



So, September 1st, my life in movies is complete. Just to remind you the original idea came from Fandango Groovers A Life In Movies Blogathon back in May. If you go back on the right of this blog, you can find my journey from Bladerunner to Bridesmaids throughout this summer. Also, a lot of Doctor Who clips, probably more than necessary, I'm not gonna lie.



So, the year isn't up yet and I haven't seen everything but I'm going to declare that my favorite film of 2011 is Bridesmaids. It's about Annie played by Kristen Wiig, a woman whose life basically has one thing going for it her best friend, Lillian, played by Maya Rudolph. All other parts of her life suck even though she's sleeping with Don Draper. Trouble starts when Lillian asks her to be the Maid of Honor at her wedding. She gets introduced to a motley crew of women, notably Lillian's new friend, Helen, played by Rose Byrne and Megan played by Melissa McCarthy. It is insanely funny, like my throat hurt from laughing funny. The story gets ridiculous in the best possible way but mostly Annie gets ridiculous and has to learn to grow up a little. I actually don't want to spoil this for you, because it did only come out in May, but it does feature the best usage of Wilson Phillips since Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle, it's been on my iPod Top 40 all summer. Because I'm like that.



Questions, comments, concerns? Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment